Thursday, 3 December 2009

Week 1 of 16 week training plan

I am coming to the end of an interesting week!

I (as expected) have been told that I will be on warfarin for the rest of my life. Something I never thought I would be told!

This was due to an extended period of DVTs and superficial clots that have come about for no apparent reason, the period lasted nearly a year, from the first DVT in December 2008.

So I have reset my focus and goals and have decided to plan and train for a Half Marathon in March 2010 (Reading (a place!) in UK).

The Docs are currently balancing my INR levels to stop my blood from clotting again and am being blood tested a couple of times per week (currently).

So this weeks training has consisted of a 6.5miler on Monday (58mins), 4.5 Mile (5mins intervals with 2min recovery) Wenesday and 4 Miles easy on treadmile today - 37mins (9.13/mile pace)

A few aches and pains in calf muscles but nothing untoward.

I am going to get some compression training socks and see if they make a difference to me.

Lack of beer and wine not having too much effect on my, although finding a way to relax is proving challenging!....

Week2 starts on Sunday with 7 miles easy so hopefully the weather will brighten up!...

I was entered in the "Grim 8" crosscountry race for Saturday but have decided to not race as dont want to risk cuts and bruises due to warfarin use and time to heal if injured!

No comments:

Post a Comment